New Companies in the Spotlight
1. Hallspot is a new social networking site that is dedicated to college students. The project has already managed to gather hundreds of thousands in seed money. The project is going to be launched at the end of this month, and more than six thousand students have pre registered for this service.
Specialists were curious to find out how come a person with limited knowledge related to programming can launch a successful social network. Sean Thorne, the mind behind this project, has said that once he got the idea, he understood he had to move very quickly, as it was very possible for many other people to have similar ideas.
He shared his ideas with close family members and his close friends and he persuaded one of them in becoming co-founder. Today the team has two developers, two interns and four designers. Hallspot has been built over a period of four months of continuous hard working. The creator has also stated that his knowledge of programming was limited in the beginning, but that he understands well the mechanism behind the creation of such a program.
2. Estimote is a startup company that has received the Nest Hardware Startup award at TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2013. Estimote has manufactured a device named Beacon that has showed to be useful for interaction between customers and retail spaces, using a simple phone. It also makes possible touchless payments and delivers information on request.
3. Temnos has launched a new platform that is said to the offer online publishers useful data, in order to make their content more engaging. Temnos has also managed to raise 1.24 million USD in funds.
Temnos has been founded this year and the team of workers has managed to develop technology that can analyze text. When a publisher sends Temnos its content, the new startup company sends back metadata related to the content it has gotten.
4. Scootdoodle is a startup that is located in San Francisco and can be defined as a social creativity platform that is created in order to boost your friends’ creativity during live studios.
5. Instabug is the place where app developers can test their creations. This is an in app feedback startup that has proved very helpful for those passionate about creating apps.
6. Livemap is the startup dedicated to those that love motorcycling; it is the tool that helps them navigate properly. It is a navigation system that goes beyond the capabilities of paper maps or existing navigation systems. The display is installed right on the helmet of the motor biker.
7. Shake is another startup that dreams of revolutionizing the global market. This new startup was created in order to help people simplify legal transactions with the help of a smartphone. Shake is now providing five agreement types but promises to add much more.
8. 15Five is a startup that can help managers get the pulse of their own companies. The idea is that each employee can spend 15 minutes a day giving feedback to the manager. Then the manager can read it and thus manage well his company.
9. TaskRabbit is another interesting startup that is dedicated to helping people live smarter by outsourcing the daily tasks and errands.